Pradeep's Blog

Google

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Data Recovery, My Experience !

My portable hard disk crashed (my computer was able to recognise it but not able to open it) today. I guess some important file that deals with the file format & things like that got corrupted. There was a lot of data in the disk (some were not important & others I had backup). But I did not have a back up for a collection of e-books (around 6GB).

I used software called recovermyfiles. It was pretty good, once I checked the files that I wanted it to recover it started recovering files. But just to scan 1 percent of the disk it took about 15 minutes & the files that were recovered were all named as recovered filesomenumber.extension. I seemed that too much time would have been needed to just sort the recovered data.

So, after just fifteen minutes of my hard disk crashing I am reformatting it (about 80% over now). And what about the ebook collection, well definitely I was not going to read all of them & I know how to get the books that I may need. Good thing it happened, i now dont have so much unwanted stuff...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home